Wednesday 27 November 2013

How do you like it here?

Some more conversations from US.

I never said I was gonna paint all rainbows and sunshine.

E: Humain Lums main milna chahiye tha... main tumhain itna neechay na girna deta (We should have met earlier, when you were in college. I wouldn't have let you fall that low)
With regards to my transition to a rather religious lifestyle.

T: When I used to look at you, I used to fear kahin yah namoona Pakistan ka na ho (I feared this idiot isn't from the same country I am from) I was very happy when people told me you're from Afghanistan.
I am Not from Afghanistan.

T: So why don't you dress up like humans?
Regarding my following sunnat dress.

A: I told my friends you should meet him, he's not that bad.
Again, in reference to my appearance.

Please account for selective recall, given that I reproduce this all from my memory.

Also - a person processes thoughts different depending on which mood she's in right now, so I might have has different moments to post right now if I were in a different mood. Might.

5 comments:

quartertoinsane said...

That afghanistan wala was the best! also what wrong with the sunnat appearance, please tell me you aren't doing an arab and calling that sunnat please bhai!

Saad Rehman said...

What's the Arab thing that people call sunnat and it isn't?

quartertoinsane said...

sunnat is wearing your clothes according to specific rules, ankles exposed, body below the waist completely covered, etc etc... the arab thing is looking like an arab wearing arab clothes and thinking that this and only this is sunnat

Saad Rehman said...

You're right one. I am not doing the Arab thing. I am just doing the Pakistani thing. Which is also the sunnat thing. You get me, right?

quartertoinsane said...

i feel you

Post a Comment