Tuesday 22 January 2013

Seventh Day

Today is the seventh day since I have been working out. I am thinking of resting, skipping it. I actually feel like I am more tired, swollen , even fatter because of working out. I don't know what happened to the feelings of energy and enthusiasm which come with exercising, though I must say I have been feeling happier, more confident since last Tuesday, when I started, but today... I don't know... Whatever.

On Saturday night, papa was giving us a treat. For what? Nobody knows, even he didn't. It was more we bullying a treat out of him, than he giving us a treat. So, all the Saturday, I was under the impression that he will manage the treat all by himself, the menu, the place, the delivery, everything. But as it turns out, the friend that he was depending on to ride with, didn't show up in the evening. So it was all on to me. If I had imagined this would happened, I would have worked out earlier, but since I hadn't, so I didn't.

So, after Isha, I came back home early. Skipped sitting in the taleem after Isha, also didn't offer witr rakaat. Anyway, I came home, did some quick small workout, I was gonna write here what I did, but I don't even remember! But, I kept moving for 20-25 minutes, which was essentially the point. Then took a cold water shower, and set out to Meerath Kebab House.

I wish I had noted down the workout, I am thinking of keeping a diary of the exercises I do. Because I always exercise in terms of time (20-25 minutes), the amount of work done in that time could be a good measurement of performance, hence a good gauge of results. The stamina, the endurance, the strength is the result. Fatloss/Muscle gain can come when they may. The first goal is always to be regular.

Post written on Monday, Jan 21. 

4 comments:

Lakshmi Mitra said...

Good luck with that. It sounds really draining actually. :(

No one said...

Do you keep note of your speed? Do you workout on a song or you just keep moving for 25 minutes in silence?

I personally like my sore body more. It feels I have been doing something constructive, but its just me!

Saad Rehman said...

Well, it is. Read my next post to get an idea of what I actually do, then add the fact that I have the joints of an ordinary human, and the weight of two ordinary humans.. hehe..

Saad Rehman said...

Good question. I don't do those exercise which the fitness aunties showcase, while playing music, and making it seem 'fun'. Perhaps, I do the same exercises, but they're very strenuous, like a fight. So I usually have to concentrate, to get the form right, to engage and recruit the right muscles, to really push them. So no, no music. And since I am not running or walking, how else do you mean speed? Read my next post to know what I do, how can speed be measured there? Reps per minute? I don't think high speed would be a priority now, specially, when I am not skilled in the form.


You're head on with teh soreness thing! Who doesn't? In fact, most wonderful is that when you're working out for some time, and there is a muscle group you don't ignore, but still, you get that one workout where even that muscle group gets sore the next day. Happened with me today :)

Post a Comment