Monday 3 September 2012

How I lost 12 kg

I have been on healthy diets, very successfully. And I have shown Drastic changes, getting stronger, leaner, over very short periods of time ( 90 days) and losing like 15 kgs of fat while putting on muscle.

Though it worked, I couldn't sustain it. Specially when life is filled with other moments, where your will is torn open, or simply because you travel a lot (I do), or have two families (I have :p), or when you are moving from student life to practical life ( I did, and that just took away all the free time I had!).

So now I am taking it easy. Really easy. I am not wanting to ( I am wanting to, even expecting, but I shouldn't) get impressive results. That's it. Not impressive. It will be so slow, and so natural, that even my folks won't notice. So Instead of working out 100 minutes a day, or even 60, I am just focusing on working out 15-30 minutes a day. Or if not that, then at least 30 push ups!

Regarding nutrition. Which prompted me to write this post. Well. I have done three successful diets in my life, and none of them was unhealthy. I got positive results from each of them, gaining muscle and losing fat with each (I rarely do anything without first educating myself about it, so I rarely follow fad diets, or buy into pre-packaged plans, I come up with my own stuff, mostly).

Let me talk about the 2nd time I took fitness seriously. At that time I ate two parathas in breakfast, along with two fried eggs. A cup of milk, a cup of coffee (I know, I know, stay with me, will ya?) and then for lunch, I had a corn cooked over coals, no oil or anything added to it, just some lemon and spices for taste. My lunch costed me 15 bucks! I was interning then, and was staying alone (without friends or family, since it was vacations) in LUMS over summer. So I could pull it off. I drank three of four coffees a day (two of them with sugar) because I used to feel very lethargic because of the diet.  Then by dusk I reached home, had a coffee without sugar but with a few biscuits. And went for a workout. This was a Really gruelling workout. Every session was painful. I was pushing myself in Every workout. Everday I did something more than last day. Either in running, or in weights, or in strictness of form. And then for dinner. I ate PDC ka salad. Now that's not real salad. The total is like 100-200 gm of chopped onion, cucunbers, tomatoes, carrots, etc. And it was So dull, that I had to have it with vineger. And some days, I was so tired that I didn't have the energy to eat this (the workout Was gruelling!), so I just went to bed hungry (Do you understand the breakfast now?). On weekends I partied. Steaks, burgers, milk shakes, ice creams. My every weekend was an outing with friends of eating crazy. I loved that time! I even got the bonus for performing excelling work at that internship!

2 comments:

Anam Ali said...

Lolz good read! I kinda m there with you exactly. I lose weight, I gain weight the vicious cycle goes on! :D

But 2 parahta diet, thats a first one! :P

Saad Rehman said...

Yaar you know what? I had titled this post 'Nutrition Now' And I had planned to talk about what my plan is for now! But somehow I ended up talking about the past, and then the post was getting too long.

So I guess I will write soon about what I am doing now, and how it's working, and why I love it!

Slow and permanent is the way to go, so the body Learn that it's Actually changing... otherwise, the body just thinks, what we do during exams (Ramazan): 'Just do it for little time, and party after it'. So it does.

Post a Comment