Sunday 9 December 2012

Abyss

I am a Very talkative person by nature. As proved by the needlessness of stating what I just did in the former statement. So, to fill that need of talking, I have this blog, I have friends, and I facebook, and sometimes participate in forums. And in this one forum, someone asked, 'What's your favorite Quotation?' and I posted this:
“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”
— Fredrick Nietzsche
As I has posted this one, I decided I would this another one on that blog as well. This one is by the same author, and it goes like this:
When you stare in the abyss long enough, the abyss stares back at you.
I have to confess, I can Never say I quite understand what it means, but the idea I get from it, fascinates me. Also, what fascinate me the ideas other people get from it when I ask them about it.

I see the 'abyss' as 'something incomprehensible, seemingly infinite, and obscured', and I see the 'staring long enough' as 'focusing' and I see the 'staring back' as 'revealing itself'. You know, how Iqbal also says, Aflaak se aata hai nalon ka jawad aakhir, Kartay hain khitab aakhir, uthtay hain hijab aakhir...

What is your favorite quotation? And what do you think about the ones I have shared here, especially Iqbal's?

1 comment:

quartertoinsane said...

this one is nicely put man

Post a Comment