Thursday 25 July 2013

Last 4 months

These days I am in hurry, all the time. Why? Good question. First, some really really really good news. I got Fulbright scholarship, Alhamdulillah! I got admission into North Carolina State University, I am going there for MS in Computer Science. I will specialize in Network Security and/or Discrete Mathematics inshAllah. Yes my Visa has arrived, and I am leaving inshAllah on August 13, right after Eid. If you have any tips for packing etc, or any advice at All, I need it.

Before that, in the last ten days of Ramadan, I am sitting in ehtakaf (I don't know how it's said in English, in Urdu it's said ehtakaf main bethna so that's what I have translated :). I am going to Zambia, Africa for Ehtakaf. Why? Because Shaykh Zulfiqar Ahmad and Shaykh Kamaluddin Ahmed are going there, and I got an opportunity to spend time with them, and I took the opportunity.

'But but, why the hurry Saad?' you might say. Well, that's because I had resigned from work in February 2013. I had gone on tableegh for 4 months. And boy, what an experience it was! It was Wonderuful! It changed me. Though I am still more or less the same still :P but yes, the travelling experience was awesommme!

I have so many stories from there. So many. But the truth is, not one of them is inspirational. And quite a few might be biased too. Either way, point is, I have some stories, which are otherwise innocent incidents. But the way I went through them, the way I experienced them, they seem majestic! As if the God Himself was communication to me! That Look, let me show, I am the God, the Almighty, and I do everything! I run the entire show!

Calling it an Enlightening experience would be an apt description. It didn't make me more knowledgable per se, but it gave me more realizations. Realization that how much I need to learn!

As you can tell from the tone of the passage, I am writing this done in a hurry too. I will be over it. Perhaps the next few posts will be like this. Till I finally settle? I don't know.

I am leaving on Saturday for Africa, and then for United Stated on August 13.

I will also inshallah make a post on my entire Fulbright journey and how smooth it was :)


No comments:

Post a Comment