Monday 13 April 2015

Letting others be

source: http://zenhabits.net/frustrate/

Trying to change others, wanting them to be the way we want them to be, just doesn’t work. The alternative, though, is unthinkable to most of us: to just let others be however they want to be. Even when that annoys you.

Here’s the way of being that I’m trying to cultivate:

To remind myself that I don’t control others.
To remind myself that other people can live their lives however they want.
To see the good in them.
To let go of an ideal that I have that’s causing the frustration.
To see that when others are being difficult, they are having a hard time coping. And to empathize with this.
To remember when I’ve had a hard time, when I struggled with change, when I’ve been frustrated.
To do what I can to help them: to be of service, to listen, to make them feel heard, to make them feel accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment